Sunday, March 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM GMT
Following the implementation of the Irish Draught Horse Breeding Plan in 2010, Horse Sport Ireland (HSI) committed to a review of that policy in 2013.
The review will include the following elements:
· The establishment of an Irish Draught Horse Breeding Policy Review Taskforce;
· Consultations with Irish Draught Horse daughter studbooks;
· Submissions will be sought through breeders and stakeholders through advertisements;
· Open forum.
The Irish Draught Horse Society (GB) will be making a formal submission, but individual submissions are also welcome. Views are particularly sought on the following areas:
- Studbook breeding objective;
- Inspection and classification systems;
- Initiatives to improve the quality and marketing of the breed.
The deadline for individual submissions and our group submission is 1 May. If you wish your views to be considered and incorporated into the IDHS (GB) Council collective submission, please write to Gaynor Mitchell at chairmanATidhsgb.com before 5 April, to give us time to collate everyone’s views.
If you wish to send your views individually, the address to send them to is:
Horse Sport Ireland, Beech House, Millennium Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
The Taskforce will review all submissions and plan to report in October or November 2013.
Heather Chaplin 15/03/2013