Irish Draught Horse Society (GB) -
The Society has no choice but to use personal data to
enable staff and volunteers to provide members and horse owners with a service.
We also keep personal data:
• to allow us to keep in contact with owners of Irish
Draught horses and Irish Draught Sport Horses and provide a service to them
• to meet Defra, Minimum Operating Standards and Central Equine Database
• for limited statistical purposes
• as part of our inspection and registration services, we pass on some limited
personal data to Horse Sport Ireland, linked with ownership of horses. Horse
Sport Ireland is based in Naas, in the Republic of Ireland, which, as a European
Union country, has similar data protection legislation to Great Britain
• Although we share horse pedigree data with other harmonised countries outside
the EU (currently the USA, Australia and Canada), we do not share personal data
such as ownership details outside the EU
• to provide lists of panel judges to affiliated shows
• to process entries for the Annual Breed Show and produce a catalogue
• we may have to disclose personal information to third parties, such as the
police, Defra and Trading Standards, when required by law. This would be to help
to prevent or detect passport fraud or other criminal activity, to support the
government’s response to disease control or to assist in locating lost or stolen
Please see our
We respect members’ and non-members’ privacy at all
times. We never pass on contact information to other owners and members without
permission. We do not, under any circumstances pass on any personal data to
third parties for commercial purposes.
Everyone on whom we hold personal data has the right to:
• obtain confirmation that we hold personal information
• request access to and receive information about the personal information we
maintain about them
• receive copies of the personal information we maintain about them.
If anyone considers that the personal data that the
Society holds about them is inaccurate, they can ask us to change or delete it.
We maintain administrative and regularly-updated
technical systems which keep your data secure.
Last Updated Friday 25 May 2018